I have only in the last year or so even heard of journaling. I kept a diary for the last 4 or 5 years, just a small snapshot of each day but that was all I really had time for.
Once I had looked in to a little more, I realised that it was probably exactly what I needed at the time. A reason to write but more importantly to make time for me each day, a time to slow down.
I still keep a diary but this was in addition to that. The best bit? It meant I got to buy new stationary!! This is the one I chose for this as it is not a huge amount of space to fill but offers a little more than a traditional diary or planner. You can buy it Here
I have slipped somewhat recently, and I suspect that is because I spend so much of my spare time on my blog. I wouldn’t change it for the world but I began to wonder if there was a way to combine my love of blogging and journal writing. I came up with a list of Journal prompts for July. I don’t think I will blog my journal each day but I will certainly make time to review it at the end of July.
If you have ever wanted to try keeping a Journal, why not join in. I have kept it fairly low key for this month, ease in gently but I hope this is successful and maybe I can step it up next time.
July Journal Prompts
- How do you feel today?
- What was the highlight of the day?
- What would be the low point of today?
- Who did you talk to today?
- Did you have a productive day?
- If you could tell yourself one thing today, what would it be?
- What are your priorities for the day?
- How are you going to show yourself some love today?
- If you could forget work for one day, what would you do tomorrow?
- What time did you get up today and what did you do first?
- What’s your bedtime routine for today?
- Who was the last person to text you? Did you reply?
- Write a brief review of the book you are currently reading
- Where have you been today?
- What has the weather been like today and how did it make you feel?
- What made you laugh today?
- Did anything make you feel sad or unhappy today?
- Did you have a to-do list today? How far did you get?
- Do you have any weekend plans?
- Is there someone you want to call today?
- Have you used Social Media today? How did it make you feel>
- What’s on the menu today?
- What’s the best thing you’ve seen online today?
- Have you had time to exercise today, if so what did you do?
- What would you like to do right now if you could?
- Review what you’re currently watching on TV
- What outfit are you rocking today, how does it make you feel?
- If you wrote a book, what would your lead character be like?
- How many times did you hit snooze today?
- What made you smile today?
- Have you enjoyed your month of Journal writing? Would you continue?
I have made a printable version for you if that is an easier option for you, please note this is a completely new thing for me. Any feedback would be great, even if it is not of the positive variety… I’ll just pull on my big girl pants!
I’d love to hear how you get on if you join in or your experiences of Journal writing if you are a regular.
Here’s to a mindful July.